Type 9 Litz is a coax-style construction featuring a core constructed of Litz wire with transposed bundles, an insulation layer of controlled dielectric constant and thickness, an additional braid or coax-style conductor that matches the conductor area of the core conductor, with optional outer insulation of textile yarn, tape or extruded compounds.
We’ve been designing, manufacturing, and selling these specialty Litz coaxes since the 1990s. Used to carry high frequency electrical signals with low losses and engineered to block signal interference, this type of Litz has a controlled low inductance and/or impedance and is well suited for power distribution in the low Mhz range.
Applications for Type 9 Litz Wire
- Transmission of High Power/High Frequency Power
- Transmission of High Power/High Frequency Pulses
- Induction Heating
- Plasma Coating and Cutting
- High Frequency Power to Remote Devices
- Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Interconnects